Do you ever feel like you are not on equal footing with software sales people because you don’t know what questions to ask?
Do you ever feel like you want to make better use of technology, but don't know where to start or how to proceed?
Let me help you do needs analysis, select a technology, do an RFP, sign a contract, and oversee the planning, installation, and training.
I am not a subject-matter expert in technology (geek); I am a user/customer representative, I am a specialist at working with subject-matter experts. I understand the challenges faced by customers as they navigate the rapidly changing and diverse world of business technology. So many choices, so many standards to align with, so many exciting technologies, and yet so much disappointment in the outcomes.
I understand the challenge, I came to my technology expertise as a user – as a Company Controller forced to become a software expert in order to purchase, install, and use technology, and later as a business manager interacting with technology providers. I am fully independent of the solutions and products chosen. I am not a product reseller. I do not have a staff of consultants to keep billable by selling products for them to install.
- Technology decision making. Software purchases and installation. Use of technology.
- Not a sales person; a user-oriented technology liaison.
- Independent advisor, facilitator, research assistant, and negotiator.
- Analyze your data backup, network health, legal compliance with record retention laws, ability to recover from disaster.
Workflow Improvement/Process Reengineering and Change Management Advisory/Facilitation
- Need analysis
- Customer/staff/stakeholder interviews
- Process/systems reviews
- Facilitated brainstorming sessions
- Systems design and report writing
Financial Analysis/Financial reporting package development
- Financial models and projections
- Budget systems design
- Financial report creation
Grant Writing/Business Writing
- Business plans/market analysis
- Financial modeling
- Grant search
- Grant write up
- Feasibility study
- Grant compliance
Program Development & Urgent Issue Response
I can help with a variety of one-time projects that will help you catch up, and perhaps even get ahead.
- Obtain bank loans
- Regulatory compliance
- Creating and monitoring a budget
- Implement new employee management programs – staff reviews, pay grades
- Implement new employee benefit programs – insurance, profit sharing
- Internal controls and fraud prevention
- Fraud investigation and response
- Hiring staff and writing job descriptions and creating staff training programs
- Difficult vendor relations
- Create cash flow improvement plans
- Write RFPs